Exterior Consulting Innovations, Inc. (ECI's) professional exterior enclosure consulting services encompass complete planning and execution of roof management and exterior building maintenance plans. Our services are performed by technically trained professionals with decades of combined field experience. ECI’s in-house professional, technical and project management consultants have extensive experience in the wide range of roofing, waterproofing, curtain wall and exterior wall cladding systems.
We offer the essential technical knowledge and diverse project experience in building system evaluation, testing, design, project management, construction cost estimating, CAD drafting and quality assurance observation services that each Client's asset management program needs.
ECI understands that our Clients’ interests are best served with qualified, experienced and dedicated professionals that focus on providing the highest quality service for each project’s specialized needs.
As a value-added service, ECI also assists Clients in the recovery of warranty resources for replacement of roofing and wall materials that have failed during the warranty period. In recent years, ECI has recovered more than $12 million for our clients.
ECI provides professional consulting services to a diverse group of private and public sector Clients nationwide. Our professional services include:
- Facility condition assessment and risk analysis
- Forensic roof, wall and concrete testing services
- Construction documents
- Design review and due diligence services
- Construction administration services
- Construction management services
- Field quality control assurance observation during construction
- Expert witness
ECI undertakes project management accountability for performance excellence in executing the assigned project related activities through:
- Promoting professional integrity through leadership
- Accepting responsibility for technical accuracy
- Prudent use of Client resources
ECI is committed to each of our valued clients and their business assets. In order to best serve their needs, ECI strives to achieve the highest level of efficiency and customer service.
Evaluation and Reporting Services
To gain a better understanding of each building structure, a thorough evaluation of the exterior enclosure system is essential. ECI’s professional staff has the “hands-on” field experience, technical skills and professional training to accurately assess any commercial building structure. Our in-depth building assessments typically include: A detailed breakdown of existing building system construction, Identification and explanation of system distress and failures, Photo documentation of current conditions, Recommended system repairs or replacements, Accurate and itemized construction budgeting
An accurate assessment of building systems is just as important as an accurate solution in making repairs, and ECI’s longstanding history of success is founded on providing both. Our construction documents comprehensively address repairs, maintenance, holding pattern, restoration or retrofit procedures. ECI’s Construction Documents include:
- Concise computer-generated plans and installation details
- Pre-qualified and established contractor list
- Conducting a pre-bid conference with necessary parties
- Conducting a bid review with appropriate contractors
- Providing our Client with a tabulated bid summary and award recommendation
Project Quality Assurance Observation
ECI’s highly trained and experienced field technician provide our Clients with field quality assurance observation oversight of contractor’s compliance to construction documents, problem resolution and project condition documentation. These services can be obtained on a full-time or part-time basis depending on the project’s scope of work and Client’s needs.
ECI’s team of professionals understand that every project is only as good as the quality of the installation. We believe our quality assurance service is invaluable in preserving the integrity of the project.
Our quality assurance observations include:
- Implementing a project coordination plan with all parties
- Establishing and implementing a quality assurance plan
- Overseeing and documenting critical construction procedures
- Reviewing contractor pay applications
- Conducting punch-list and close-out inspections with Client’s Representative